March 15, 2007

Grandma's Birthday Tote



Look - a three dimensional project that I finished with no tears and a minimal amount of swearing. I'm very proud. Not to mention I essentially finished this in an evening, a definite sign of developing skills. I may learn to really sew yet.

The picture in the middle is a photo I took at Leu Gardens this weekend. I printed it on fabric, and then made a tote bag around it. It was kind of fun to work this way. I just kind of made it up as I went along, lopping off fabric to make a side even. That great fabric is red courdory. Yummy!

As much as I love this tote, it's for Grandma. She uses little plastic bags to hang off her walker so she can get stuff around. I'm hoping I can convince her to replace at least one of those bags with this tote. She is known for deciding things we've made her are 'just too pretty to use' which kind of defeats the point.

But, it's almost 10:00 and I really have to go pack. I leave straight from work tomorrow, a little early in fact, to head down to the everglades with my family. We're all spending the weekend down there, and Grandma's going on an airboat ride for her 85th birthday. She's a wild woman that one. See ya Monday!

(Wow blogger and I have had a fight over publishing this post!)