March 30, 2007

Sniffly

I have a red nose. To go with the red on the pollen charts. And watery eyes. And itchy ears. And a sore throat. And a cough.

These are the nights I wish I was a movie watcher. I made it through a full day of work - eleven hours, actually. And now that I'm home I want to just lie down and zone out. Only I'm not actually sick, so I can't seem to sit still. On the other hand, I don't have the energy to actually do anything or the attention span to read. Alex suggested a movie marathon, but since I'm not much of a movie watcher I haven't been able to think of anything I want to watch. (He brought me my favorite soup and a bouquet of bright flowers, before fleeing to the safety of his friends. Not that I was cranky with him. He just knew enough to flee before I could get cranky. And he knew it was coming to that when I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do but every suggestion he made was met with a noncommittal sound.)

Except it's almost 10:30 now, and I'm getting tired. (I'd probably be asleep if I wasn't taking decongestants in addition to the antihistamine. Decongestants mean I'll be half asleep and half awake all night.) I think I'll take my knitting to the bed and put in The Matrix. I'll probably be (mostly) asleep by 10:45.

(How Type A is it that I looked at this post after publishing and saw I had written "lay" instead of lie, and I actually had to come back and edit it?)

No comments: