July 17, 2007

Confusing the Muggles

Today was apparently a day for strange sites in central Florida.

This morning I went out back to water the plants. The garden was very dry and the ground was thirstily sucking up the water. I went to water the front. And everything was wet. Everything - the soil is wet, water droplets shimmer on the leaves and the pitcher for spot watering is holding water. It was unmistakable - it rained in the front yard and not in the back. This happens sometimes in Florida; you'll see it raining on one side of the street and not on the other. But it never stops being weird.

And then at noon, I was waiting for the light at the corner of a major thoroughfare and a residential street. Walking down the sidewalk is a guy with Elvis hair - jet black, wavy, the whole deal - black, plastic thick-rimmed sunglasses, a cigarette and several tattoos. He's wearing black boxers, a white undershirt, black slippers (with socks) and a gold bathrobe, loosely tied at the waist. I wish I could have taken a picture, because trying to describe it just doesn't do it justice.

Maybe the wizards are moving about for some reason? Though, I don't know why they'd be watering half my yard...

No comments: