January 26, 2009

Little Bits

On my worktable: little pieces of creativity

With nothing going on at the sewing machine, I have pulled out a stack of scraps and started a project that I'm in love with. Using the wonderful Michael Miller Carnival Bloom print to set my color scheme, I am cutting out tumblers. I love the movement of the design and pulling all my favorite colors out of my scrap basket. Each little tumbler is about 3" at the bottom, 1 1/2" at the top and 3" tall. Then you add triangles along the edge to finish them off. I suspect I'll be at this for awhile.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Now that looks like the perfect way to use up scraps that I just can't part with!

Anonymous said...

One of my friends just finished a quilt like this and it's absolutely beautiful! Good luck on yours!