- blooming Vanda, always reliable but always a thrill
- Desert Rose, my show off that will hold through the summer
- almost ripe tomatoes that I haven't eaten right off the vine yet
- a bean sprout from the beans planted just days ago
- the first of the new caladium bed unfurling
- summer portulaca ('moss rose') for the turtle
I really did go buy more plants, but I only planted what I could work on in the shade and then waited until this evening to put in the rest. I mostly bought plants to fill in pots and then a few for the front bed, which still desperately needs plants since January's landscaping project. The bed still looks bare to me, but many of the plants in there are spreading plants and I need to give them a little time to fill in. Patience is a virtue. And, of course, I bought a few vegetables since I seem to have a serious weakness for them. Its almost past tomato season, but I put in two new cherry tomatoes since they'll last in to the heat yet. And I couldn't resist a couple of zucchini plants for my zucchini loving husband.
After all of that, I gave myself a pass on the gym work out today.