January 16, 2008

Doggone Cute

After our boycott on traveling, or sleeping in any bed but our own, over the holidays, we finally made the long trek down to Alex's family for a visit. What? Three hours doesn't qualify as a long trek? Well, its my blog and I say that is a trip of epic proportions.*

Anywho - the timing could have been better. I was a full week in to a lingering head cold that wouldn't go away. Not nearly sick enough to shirk responsibilities (though I appreciated the pampering from Alex in the evenings) but dragging enough not to want to do anything. But, we'd put off this trip for so long and I really wanted to see the family, so off we went with Sud@fed packed.

I'm glad we did. It was the perfect medicine. I lounged on the lanai couch, watched the fire we didn't need, and received some TLC from this handsome guy.

(Junior)
And the wrinkle on this guy's forehead makes everything he does seem adorable and funny. Laughter is the best medicine you know.
(Bucky)
All species have learned to co-exist, and I just dare you to look at this scene and not have your heart melt. The boys compete for Dad's attention. (Just ignore that gleam in Bucky's eye. I swear he was really up there making sure his place was secure. He just got...distracted for a second.)

Gwen, on the other hand, was lurking on the other side of the couch with a forbidden treat. She loves visiting the grandparents', where we don't have the heart to deny her the rib bone when the other dogs have had two each. She was much less interested in co-existing than getting all the good stuff off it before somebody stole it from her.

*Just how does he succeed in getting my lazy butt to Bulgaria again?

No comments: