November 04, 2008

A Fresh Start

I started a new sweater last night - a real one with stockinette stitch and long sleeves and everything.  I have hopes this will be a sweater I can finish in under two years and will actually wear.  My knitting speed has improved, and I hope my skills have, too.  I love the pattern.  I love the yarn.  The three rows I've knit so far are making me happy, and the color is perfect.  The yarn is a little stiffer than I'd like, but I think it will all come together just right.

And then today I started a new scarf.  The yarn is an absolutely gorgeous impulse purchase of red silk and seed beads.  It will be a skinny scarf, because what else?  I needed a portable project today, so less than 12 hours after casting on for a sweater, I cast on for a scarf.

I have big hopes for the future.

No comments: