May 14, 2007

Round and Round We Go

I've gotten in the habit of carrying my sock with me everywhere, so that's what's been getting done. I've completed the ribbing and turned the
heel, so for the next several inches its just round after round of stockinette. It would be mind-numbing, except that its a relief to have something to do while sitting in the doctor's waiting room or really anywhere that I have to wait. Recently, I've even been knitting on it alot at night. It's soothing, to go around and around, watching it grow. Besides, it's the second sock. I'm getting pretty darn close to having knit a pair. I always get more focused towards the end of a project.

In other news, it must be getting close to summer. I broke out the juicer for the first time since last fall. (Why is it that juicing is such a summer thing for me? There are great fruits for juicing in the winter, and I live in Florida for goodness sake.) My first glass of fresh juice tasted yummy and... fortifying. It always seems so healthy, even though its probably not all that different from the bottled juices. Anyway, here it is. Three carrots, two apples and a splash of lemon juice. Mmm Mmm good. I'll be making more of this in the coming weeks. I might even make more tonight!

I'll need fortifying. The laundry has really piled up. I have a pile to fold, a dryer full, a washer full and two more piles on the floor. Sigh. How do two people make so much laundry?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry, I had to LOL at your previous post about the beginning of your work day. I think that might be me, EVERY DAY! lol!

Love the sock. I want to start knitting, but I haven't had the courage to try it. I would love to make me some warm fuzzy slippers. Yeah, like that's going to happen!