May 24, 2007

What just happened here?

I have never been one to spend endless hours on the internet. Lots of hours, yes. But not endless ones. I jump on and read a blog or two, look up something, load photos, sometimes even write, but I do not spend an evening on the computer. There's always something else I want to do more, and I figure its in part because I spend so much time on the computer for work. So. Much. Time.

But tonight? I got home around 7:30 and sat down to write an email. (After walking the dog, don't worry.) I expected Alex to come home soon, so I putzed around to kill time without getting involved in anything. When he called at 8:30, I was still on the computer. He was very awake and ready to go continue socializing. I... wasn't. In an act of self- and marriage-preservation, I sent him off to meet up with friends while I lazed about. Now that I knew I'd be on my own for dinner, I got up from the computer and fried an egg.

And then I came back up here to sew. But, I sat down at the computer instead. (What the heck?) I've now been home almost three hours, and on the computer almost all of that time. I don't think I spent this much time on the internet when I was planning our wedding and had a million things to research. So weird. And, of course, I come over here to write about rather than just getting off the darned computer already. But, I'm going to do that now, because I really do have better things to do. Like sleep.

No comments: