June 22, 2008

Just Keeping Up

Whew, what a week! Its been one of those where the world seems to be spinning faster and you are running just to keep up. Fortunately, it seems I kept up since I didn't spin off in to space. I think it was a close one, though.

We've had alot going on over here. The good - a fun trip to the beach, two chances to hang out with my sister and her boyfriend, a visit from Alex's family, an evening out with friends we haven't seen in weeks. And the not so good - a sick day for Alex and work stuff we won't talk about. (Nothing drastic, mind you, just a month's worth of minor hassles that decided to pile themselves all in to a week.)

I've finally finished processing all the photos from the weekend away, and I'll tell you about that soon. But today, I'm going to try and just finish out this week. Church, a quick trip to a neighboring town to try and find a kid I need to talk to, and then my bible study seems enough on the schedule for a Sunday. Oh, and Alex has requested I make my special cabbage recipe, so a bit of pleasure cooking.

And maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to finish the last four or five repeats on this scarf. The crazy week saw me knitting a good bit in stolen minutes, grounding myself with the simple rhythm of yarn and needles. And as a result, the shawl needs only a tiny bit more attention to be done. I love it and can't wait to see what happens to the linen after its washed and dried. I expect it to be so soft and lovely.

No comments: