June 03, 2008

Looking to the Future

Been kind of quiet around here, hasn't it? I took a little vacation last week. After several weeks of non-stop activity, I decided just to stop. Nothing dramatic - I went to work, did the dishes, and all that. But, I kept it basic. I feel like staying home tonight? Fine, that's what I'm going to do. There was one night where I way lying on the couch, watching TV, startled to realize I didn't even want to sew or knit. So, that's what I did. And after a week of slowing the pace down and a weekend of sleeping wonderfully ridiculous amounts, I'm feeling much better and ready to jump back in to life. Starting with a little catch up blogging.

One of the things we did in the exhausting week before my mini-vacation was attend a meet and greet with this guy.
Yep, the junior senator from Illinois. The event was perhaps not as well organized as it could have been, but it was still amazing. I am really inspired by him and expect great things out of him, so having the chance to be in a setting small enough to allow me to take this picture was pretty incredible.
And I'm downright thrilled, no matter what happens, to have a viable presidential candidate with dark skin. I watched this little guy, clambering up to get a good view and I thought "How about you? Will you run for president some day?"

It's a great time to be alive.

No comments: